Amazonprom - From dream dress to night mirror

Prom Dress. Price $250, 7 day full refund policy & free alterations if things weren’t right. What could go wrong? The dress was beautiful except for flaws. The left shoulder was ½ inch high, the neck 25% over rather than in the 50% center and the zipper went ½ way up the back and then skewed off to the right.

We went on chat with AmazonProm and were put in touch with support via email. We sent pictures. Their response was that it looked like she wasn't standing up straight. We took the dress to a local cleaner and an estimate of $70. That would not fix the dress but make it usable. AmazonProm offered to pay only $35. I said “after seeing the pictures, a reputable company would have asked for the dress back and sent a replacement”. They didn't respond. As a matter of fact, there were long periods of time that they didn't respond. I think they were trying to let us slip outside the 7 day return policy. We said we wanted to return the dress. They advised us against it because of the shipping costs, loss of revenue, and again offered $35 for alterations. On the 6th day we requested return information and a full refund. They refused saying that it would cost them too much. I later found out that the reviews my daughter read were on the AmazonProm web site and were probably biased or filtered. I found reviews off the site that were more like my experience. I showed this review and told them I would post this review if didn’t uphold there policies. They responded and asked me to calm down and that we could work things out. Again I was reasonable but they refused to take the dress back. They reminded me that they would lose money and offered me $35 for alterations. They have a hard time understanding who the victim is and who the thief is. I closed negotiations. They sent another email offering me $35.

One interesting thing about their web site was the special deal meter. We placed our order in the final hour of the deal. Once the meter reached zero, it started over. They sucked us in. Also I will be posting this review on their web page. If you can’t find this review, they must have filtered it. On a final note, we were under the impression that this was not a Chinese company. It did not bill as a Chinese company. The dress was manufactured in China. Also, they would not accept American Express, that should have set a flag for disaster.

My last two purchases were from AmazonProm and DhGates. Both purchases ended in disaster. Buy American, from your local mall or stores. Stay away from the Chinese on line stores. It’s sad that the Chinese government lets this type of thing go on, it’s going to hurt them and other reputable businesses in their country.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Prom Dress
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #597865 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Amazonprom? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.