Prom Dress. Price $250, 7 day full refund policy & free alterations if things weren’t right. What could go wrong? The dress was beautiful except for flaws. The left shoulder was ½ inch high, the neck 25% over rather than in the 50% center and the zipper went ½ way up the back and then skewed off to the right.
We went on chat with AmazonProm and were put in touch with support via email. We sent pictures. Their response was that it looked like she wasn't standing up straight. We took the dress to a local cleaner and an estimate of $70. That would not fix the dress but make it usable. AmazonProm offered to pay only $35. I said “after seeing the pictures, a reputable company would have asked for the dress back and sent a replacement”. They didn't respond. As a matter of fact, there were long periods of time that they didn't respond. I think they were trying to let us slip outside the 7 day return policy. We said we wanted to return the dress. They advised us against it because of the shipping costs, loss of revenue, and again offered $35 for alterations. On the 6th day we requested return information and a full refund. They refused saying that it would cost them too much. I later found out that the reviews my daughter read were on the AmazonProm web site and were probably biased or filtered. I found reviews off the site that were more like my experience. I showed this review and told them I would post this review if didn’t uphold there policies. They responded and asked me to calm down and that we could work things out. Again I was reasonable but they refused to take the dress back. They reminded me that they would lose money and offered me $35 for alterations. They have a hard time understanding who the victim is and who the thief is. I closed negotiations. They sent another email offering me $35.
One interesting thing about their web site was the special deal meter. We placed our order in the final hour of the deal. Once the meter reached zero, it started over. They sucked us in. Also I will be posting this review on their web page. If you can’t find this review, they must have filtered it. On a final note, we were under the impression that this was not a Chinese company. It did not bill as a Chinese company. The dress was manufactured in China. Also, they would not accept American Express, that should have set a flag for disaster.
My last two purchases were from AmazonProm and DhGates. Both purchases ended in disaster. Buy American, from your local mall or stores. Stay away from the Chinese on line stores. It’s sad that the Chinese government lets this type of thing go on, it’s going to hurt them and other reputable businesses in their country.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Prom Dress
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a CASHMERE sweater from Modlily. A week later, I received a cheap cotton knit sweatshirt. When I complained and sent pictures I was told, "our price..."
- "I stumbled upon Dresslily and thought it was a dream come true. The clothes were beautiful and not very expensive. I found a coat I absolutely adored so my mom..."
- "Way off! Using for an army ball but this just looks too cheap for a formal ball! Too big and fitting sucks!! Waste of $40!!!!! ..."
- "Primestyle Thank you. Thomas did a fantastic job on my custom made ring I wasn't happy with the first item I ordered so I returned it and had..."
- "I lived at the Media Center apartments before Avalonbay Communities Inc. purchased the place and fired all of the professional staff. They hired incompetent and unhelpful staff - who would..."
- "Anonymous to Annonymous 5 minutes ago #992796 Pretoria, Gauteng please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have been terminated from central casting in burbank ca we have to get 35 people or more so..."
- "I'm a 64 year old male, fit and healthy, with no history of allergies. I purchased a standard size Mypillow and received it mid October, 2016. It worked as advertised..."
- "Tried to order a watch online from replicahaus.ca for my daughter for Christmas. They sent the wrong watch and tried to tell me I was the one who screwed up..."
- "We have had several epic fails with otterbox but we got the new samsung galaxy s7 for my husband on black friday. They didnt have any lifeproof cases in so..."